Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What a Chump!!

I keep forgetting that my niece called about 10 days ago. I ignored the first call, but the second she made from a phone that I did not recognize on caller ID, so I answered. She asked me to do her tax return for her! Apparently she had a job in prison that actually paid a salary. She has never prepared her own taxes. Either her mother did it or I did. She said she felt like she could ask me to do it since she would not get the refund anyway. When she went to school for medical assistant, she incurred a student loan debt which she has never even tried to pay. Both the state and federal tax authorities confiscate refunds when there are student loans outstanding. She may get her loan paid off by the time she is 65.

Anyway, I gave in an agreed to prepare her tax return. I am such a chump!

No comments: